Saturday 22 March 2014

Day-47 “Om Shri Sai Gyana Vairagya Daya Namaha.”

 
 
 
 

Shirdi Sai Ashtotramala – Meaning, Meditation and Miracle
 

Day-47 “Om Shri Sai Gyana Vairagya Daya Namaha.”
 
 
Meaning:

Humble salutation to Him who grants knowledge and detachment.


(Shirdi Sai Trust). 

Meditation: 

The Rishi’s who were not limited by time or space, found that the universe was not permanent and it is a dream, the dream of the creator, the Brahmam. This is proven by the fact that the moment the Self, which is part of Brahmam within us, leaves the body, the dream comes to an end.
 

One is said to have attained the Supreme knowledge when he realizes the Self. The moment he realizes the true nature of self, he also realizes the true meaning of the words,” Aham Brahmasmi”. The knowledge of the impermanence of all he sees makes him lose all attachments to the material things and he becomes detached. Thus the Brahmam, God or Guru gives the knowledge and detachment at the same time. The true devotee goes through life, keeping in mind the transient nature of all- the people, the emotions, the wealth, the relations – he is not really attached to them and attributes the results of all his activities to God, or his Guru, as Bhagwan Krishna taught Arjun in Gita.
 

Damodhar Savalaram Rasane Kasar of Ahmadnagar alias Damu Anna was a faithful devotee of Baba. He was responsible for starting Ram Navami festival in Shirdi. He was a business man and always took Baba’s blessings and advice before making any business decision. He writes in devotee’s experience: 

 “Once, when I sat at His Feet along with many others, I had two questions in my mind and He gave answers to both.
 

There are so many crowding to Sai Baba. Do they all get benefit from Him?

To this, He replied orally,” Look at the mango tree in blossom. If all the flowers become fruit, what a splendid crop it would be. But do they? Most fall off (either as flowers or as unripe fruits) by wind etc., very few remain.”
 

 The second question was about myself. If Baba were to pass away, how hopelessly adrift I would be and how am I to fare then?

To this, Baba answered that, He would be with me whenever and wherever I thought of Him. That promise He had kept before 1918, and has been keeping after 1918. He is still with me. He is still guiding me. This was about 1910-11, when my brothers separated from me and my sister died, and there was a theft and police enquiry, all these incidents made me very disturbed.

When my sister died, my mind was much upset. I did not care for life and enjoyments. When I went to Baba, He pacified me with His Upadesh and made me eat a feast of Pooran Poli at Appa Kulkarni’s house.

There was a theft in my house. A thirty years old friend of mine stole my wife’s jewel-box, including her auspicious Nath (nose ring). I wept before Baba’s photo. The next day, the man returned the jewel box and asked for pardon”. (page-76 devotees experience –part-2) .( Shri Sai Satcharita- Ch: 25).

 

He is Sadguru to all- Gnani’s, Agnani’s, Rich, and Poor. He gives them the great Knowledge of the transient nature of the universe and makes them truly detached and thus part of Himself-The Brahmam.  He is Gnana Vairagya Daya.

No comments:

Post a Comment