Monday 17 March 2014

Day - 23: “Om Shri Sai Dhana Mangalya Pradhaaya Namaha.”




Shirdi Sai Ashtotramala – Meaning, Meditation and Miracle 

Day - 23: “Om Shri Sai Dhana Mangalya Pradhaaya Namaha.”
            

Meaning:
 
Humble salutation to the one who grants health, happiness and Security. 

Meditation:  

The greatest wealth one can have is the satisfaction, contentment and love. As long as one does not have these feelings, whatever be the amount of wealth one has, will not be sufficient to have peace of mind. Self should feel contented, satisfied and full of love. True Saints are always in a state of inner bliss. Having nothing material in their possession, still they are happier than the wealthiest person on earth desiring or wanting nothing.

By realizing, identifying and understanding the true nature of Self in us, we achieve this mental state of absolute satisfaction, contentment and universal love. Those who have reached this state, treat equally all experiences, good or bad, with full awareness and love, but without passion for them and without being affected by them. They are the wealthiest and most comfortable beings on earth, because, the Self in them which experiences the world is always in a state of blissful satisfaction.

Meditation on Brahmam, Bhagwan or Guru leads us to this state of satisfaction, contentment and inner bliss.

Thus the Brahmam, the Bhagwan or the Guru becomes the cause of real wealth and everlasting happiness.

Baba said, “If a man utters My name with love, I shall fulfill all his wishes, increase his devotion. And if he sings earnestly My life and My deeds, him I shall beset in front and back and on all sides. Those devotees, who are attached to Me, heart and soul, will naturally feel happiness, when they hear these stories. Believe Me that, if anybody sings My Leelas, I will give him infinite joy and everlasting contentment. It is My special characteristic to free any person, who surrenders completely to Me, and who worships Me faithfully, and who remembers Me, and meditates on Me constantly. How can they be conscious of worldly objects and sensations, who utter My name, who worship Me, who think of My stories and My life, and who thus, always remember Me! I shall draw out My devotees from the jaws of death. If My stories are listened to, all diseases will be got rid of. So, hear My stories with respect, and think and meditate on them, assimilate them. This is the way of happiness and contentment. The pride and egoism of My devotees will vanish, the mind of their hearers will be set at rest, and if he has wholehearted and complete faith, he will be one with Supreme Consciousness. The simple remembrance of My name as “Sai, Sai” will do away with sins of speech and hearing.”(Shri Sai Satcharita, Ch:3)

Hemadpant, the devout author of Shri Sai Satcharita writes,     ” In 1916, I retired from Government service. The pension that was settled in my case was not sufficient to maintain my family decently. On Guru Pournima (15th of Ashadha) day of that year, I went to Shirdi with other devotees. There Mr. Anna Chinchanikar, of his own accord, prayed to Baba for me as follows:” Please, look kindly at him, the pension he gets is quite insufficient, his family is growing. Give him some other appointment, remove his anxiety and make him happy!”.  Baba replied,” He will get some other job, but now, he should serve Me and be happy! His plates will be ever full and never empty. He should turn all his attention towards Me and avoid the company of atheists, irreligious and wicked people. He should be modest and humble towards all, and worship Me with heart and soul. If he does this, he will get eternal happiness.”

He fills the hearts of His devotees with contentment, satisfaction and love. He thus makes them happier than the wealthiest on Earth. His true devotees do enjoy bliss which is the greatest of all wealth and well being.He is Dhana Mangalya Pradhaya .

No comments:

Post a Comment